2023 Training Event – 3D printing
Second 3D Printing Course
The course took place from May 23rd to May 24th, 2023 at the BFW Düren in Germany and was targeted at trainers of people with visual impairments
The nine participants from five countries were introduced to the principles of creating tactile maps and teaching models with 3D printers. In addition to the operation of 3D printers, the use of the corresponding software was also explained in the compact course.
The participants are employees of companies that are ENVITER members.
As 3D printing is increasingly important in the education of blind and visually impaired people, this course was financed by our network. Due to its experience in this field, the Berufsförderungswerk Düren was assigned with the organisation of the course.
Thanks to the committed cooperation, it was possible to create tactile site plans and models during the course. The course also provided an opportunity to exchange ideas regarding the application of 3D printing in the participants’ work area.
Contents of the course:
- Application areas of 3D printing in the field of visual impairments
- Different 3D printing processes and materials
- Costs and effort
- Advantages of 3D printing compared to conventional manufacturing methods
- Obtaining parts from databases, 3D scanning and design
- Practical operation of an FDM 3D printer
- Creating tactile maps with Touch Mapper
- Basic construction with Autodesk Fusion360
- Introduction in 3D scanning
ENVITER covered the cost for the course and accomodation in the BFW Düren.