Cochlear Implants (3)
This factsheet is for people who are considering getting a cochlear implant, or who would like information about them. The information is relevant for both adults who have hearing loss and parents of children with hearing loss.
Cochlear implants are electronic devices that help improve the hearing of adults and children who have severe or profound hearing loss. An operation is carried out to place part of the implant under your skin. They may be useful for people with hearing loss that hasn’t been improved by using conventional hearing aids.
- Video: how the ear works
- About cochlear implants
- Who can have cochlear implants?
- Preparing for a cochlear implant operation
- What happens during a cochlear implant operation?
- What to expect afterwards
- Recovering from a cochlear implant operation
- What are the risks?
- Living with cochlear implants
Author: Dylan Merkett
Only for Members: No
Content type: Presentation
Tags: aids, cochlear implants, deaf people, hearing impaired, hearing loss
Categories: Aids & Appliances