Aims of the project
Although e-Learning obviously offers various advantages for the education of visually impaired persons, the accessibillity of the various required systems is a problem.
The objectives of this project are focused to the improvement of accessibility for blind and visually handicapped persons to e-learning courses and e-learning environments and the evaluation of existing e-Learning products for the target group.
This will be carried out by:
- Creating a standardized rating catalogue to evaluate and self-evaluate e-learning products concerning accessibility for visually impaired persons in four languages (Danish, Dutch, French, German)
- Creating a guideline for developers of computer based training software (CBT) and e-learning environment to provide adequate accessibility for the target group, in the above mentioned languages
Create a sample e-learning environment (learn-management system, video-conference system and CBT/e-learning content)
- Create an open consortium for “e-learn accessibility” with as much key actors in this field and representative organisations of the main target group as possible. This will include the invention of an “e-learn accessibility label” which will be allowed to display on methodologically appropriate and accessible e-learning products (similar to WAI and W3C label)
- The target group
- Employment services
- Service providers for e-learning courses and e-learning environments
- Developers of CBT and e-learning environments
- Training centres
- Teachers for visually impaired persons
- Three Workshops to coordinate the project work
- Developing a multi-media CD-ROM with all project results in the above mentioned languages.
Besides the ECSerProViP partners, two external education centres are involved as partners in this project:
Berufsförderungsinstitut Steiermark, Austria
ARLA Institute, Finland