Inclusion of people above 55 with decreasing eyesight by e-technology
Date of publication:10/31/2012
Author(s):The European Network for Vision Impairment Training Education & Research : ENVITER, with the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union
The project aims to actively promote the maintenance and further development of high-quality social interactions via the use of information and access technologies, for people above the age of 55 who have declining eyesight. The project promotes the setup of I.t. networks at local, national and European level encouraging participants to develop wider participation in social life.
The main product of the project is the information platform "My Vision". THE information platform for people with declining eyesight above 55.
You get to know how to:
* compensate age-related decreasing eyesight
* master small and big challenges in daily life with low vision
* adapt the computer regarding decreasing eyesight to your special needs
* take advantage of the Internet
* communicate with congenial people
* get advice by experts
The site provides useful information about "Vision at higher age" and offers advice for older people and their families and friends.
All the members of ENVITER are specialised schools, colleges or institutes working with the Blind or Visually Impaired. ENVITER represents some of Europe’s leading specialists in this field
The european project "evision55+" consists of 5 Partners:
* Berufsförderungswerk Halle (BFW Halle, Germany) as co-ordinating organisation
* Institut Montéclair (France)
* NCBI - Working for People with Sight Loss (NCBI, Ireland)
* Royal National College for the Blind (RNC, United Kingdom)
* Visio (The Netherlands)
January 2008 to December 2009